Today’s Cool Album of the Day (#255 in the Series, and #15 in the Live, Saturday Night Series) is David Bromberg, How Late’ll Ya Play ‘Til?
It’s about time we got some good ol’ blues on here! There is a few different versions of this album. This is, of course, the ‘live’ version.
David Bromberg is a multi-instrumentalist. Not just playing, but creating instruments as well. He’s proficient as a fiddler, acoustic, steel, electric guitar and also dobro.
He’s only released a handful of albums since 1980 as he’s concentrated more on his violin workshops. His first was in the Chicago area and has since moved it to Wilmington, Delaware.
David has completed tracks with the following guest artists for his new album Use Me:
Levon Helm, Los Lobos, Tim O’Brien, John Hiatt, Dr. John, Widespread Panic, Keb’ Mo’ with three more surprises to come. Look for Use Me in 2011.
- Sloppy Drunk
- Bullfrog Blues
- Sweet Home Chicago
- Come On In My Kitchen
- Will Not Be Your Fool
- Such A Night
- Loaded And Laid
- Make Me A Pallet
- David Bromberg – Guitar, Guitar (Acoustic), Producer, Vocals
- Nancy Bromberg – Vocals
- Lance Dickerson – Drums
- Peter Ecklund – Cornet, Trumpet
- Dick Fegy – Guitar (Electric), Mandolin
- John Firmin -Clarinet, Sax (Baritone), Sax (Soprano), Sax (Tenor)
- Brantley Kearns – Electric Fiddle, Fiddle, Violin, Vocals (Background), Whistle (Instrument)
- George Kindler – Violin
- Curt Linberg -Trombone
- Hugh McDonald – Bass, Vocals, Vocals (Background)
- Steve Mosley -Drums, Vocals (Background)