Now as we know he’s in The Eagles. Musically they’ve always been one of the most talented bands around. But something just hasn’t rang true with me since, oh.. about when Joe Walsh joined them.
But this isn’t about ‘that’ era of Joe Walsh’s career. It’s about 1977 and before. This is really when he was really writing some of his best music.
Represented on this live album were songs like “Walk Away,” “Meadows,” “Time Out,” “Help Me Make it Through the Night” and “Turn to Stone.” (Side Note: If you haven’t heard Roy Buchanan’s version of “Turn to Stone,” you really need to find it! It’s on the You’re Not Alone album.)
Having said that, check out the video playlist I’ve embedded below. I was actually thinking of leaving “Rocky Mountain Way” out of the mix. Rethinking that as a little selfish, I decided to include it. You have to check out the version I was able to find!!
I took a version from the Ringo Starr and his All Star Band’s 1992 tour. Now this is a ‘must check out’ video. Who is the band on this video? Drummers are Ringo and Zack Starkey. Bass is Timothy B. Schmit. Guitars are Todd Rundgren, Dave Edmunds and Nils Lofgren. On Keyboards is Burton Cummings. Now that, is an ensemble!
Enjoy You Can’t Argue with a Sick Mind. The best music of the best eras of Joe Walsh.
- “Walk Away” (Joe Walsh) – 3:21
- “Meadows” (Patrick Cullie, Walsh) – 7:08
- “Rocky Mountain Way” (Rocke Grace, Kenny Passarelli, Joe Vitale, Walsh) – 7:40
- “Time Out” (Terry Trebandt, Walsh) – 4:22
- “Help Me Through the Night” (Walsh) – 3:43
- “Turn to Stone” (Trebandt, Walsh) – 8:46
- Joe Walsh: Guitar, Slide Guitar, Talkbox Guitar, vocals
- Don Felder: Guitar, vocals
- Willie Weeks: Bass guitar.
- Jay Ferguson: Piano, vocals
- Dave Mason: Organ, Electric Piano
- Joe Vitale: Drums, Percussion, Organ, Flute, vocals
- Andy Newmark: Drums, Percussion
- Rocky Dzidzornu: Percussion